Wednesday 17 July 2013

My Manifesto

Hello....

I love food.  I love everything about it.  Planning meals.  Shopping for ingredients.  Chopping, stirring, sauteeing, roasting, braising... (you get the idea).  I choose vacations based on the food that most intrigues.  I especially love eating in restaurants.  And I love talking about food with fellow foodies.

But despite my love of all things food, I am not one who could cut it in the food industry.  Oh, I can cook (or so I've been told), but the hours, the schedule, the heat, etc., are not my thing.  My thing is writing.

I have been toying with the idea of marrying my two loves - food and writing - for a while now.  With the encouragement of some friends, and wanting something other than my job as a government drone to think about, I am turning the idea into reality.

So, what am I going to write about?  "Food" is a pretty broad topic, and there are lots of people writing about it.  And the answer is....  I am am going to write about EVERYTHING: 
  • Restaurant reviews - I am in Ottawa, Canada, so the restaurant posts will take a lot from this area, but I do travel, so it won't be exclusively Ottawa-based.
  • Food-related book reviews. 
  • Thoughts on products.
  • Thoughts on food TV shows. 
  • My own cooking adventures as I careen from one culinary obsession to another. 
  • Thoughts on ingredients - e.g., love pork belly; hate raisins.  Raisins will get their own post at some later date.  Pork belly probably will, too. 
  • Wine.
  • My growing attachment to my first-ever tomato plants, currently taking over my tiny patio garden. Is it weird that I have named them?
In other words, whatever tickles my tastebuds or imagination at a given moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment